As I mentioned briefly in our relaunch post, a fairly dramatic set of technical changes recently started taking place at PRX. The biggest and most visible of these changes has been our primary marketplace app, which is being rewritten as an open-source Ruby on Rails based API and an open-source Angular.js web application.
In this post, I’ll give a whirlwind tour of where we are with these projects, where we’re planning on going, and how we reached some of the fundamental decisions about the structure we are pursuing. I’ll plan on saving some of the longer (and more interesting) stuff about the individual projects for future posts.Read More »
- labs 2.0
- Become a Software Engineer at a Boston company with nice people and flexible hours.
- Status Rejected: You Should Create A Canary Build For Your iPhone App
- iOS 6.0 Causes CDN Overages
- Growing the Ranks of Female Devs
- 99% Invisible Countdown to 5000 Backers
- KCRW Music Mine app on Spotify
- PBS Frontline QR Code Hack
- Hacking Open Education with the Berkman Center
- Announcing PlayerHater. Hate the Player, not the Game.
- Out with the Flash, in with the flashy
- A graphical pseudo-3D environment in an Android app
- Pledge your support for mobile
- Benjamen Walker Is Listening
- Facebook Open Graph and Public Radio
- Our Experience with Chef
- Building a Better Contact Sheet
- The new Chris (aka Farski)
- Building an iOS Application Platform
- Git Hooks and Ruby
- We're Hiring a Software Developer
- Android Love: Part 1 of 2
- iPhone Radio Apps Are Not Banned
- Interactive mobile app wireframes with OmniGraffle, PDF & GoodReader
- Polymorphic Associations and Abilities
- Useful OmniGraffle stencils and templates for iPhone and iPad
- APN on Rails Gem Update: Multi-App Support, Group Notifications, and Pull Notifications
- The Count!
subscribe via RSS